Saturday, November 28, 2009

Hard to say goodbye

I think it's time to say goodbye to a long time friend. It makes me really sad to consider this, but I'm tired of the drama. Tired of the pretending I'm okay with stuff that I'm really not. Tired of agreeing just to be supportive, even when it's harmful. And now I'm tired of being called judgemental because I told her to put her daughter in front of her in-the-past-emotionally-abusive-meth-head-just-out-of-prison boyfriend.

What the fuck ever.

I'm was really sad, but as I've stewed over the texts she sent me, I'm fucking pissed.

If things are screwed up with daughter, so screwed up that you can't live together and she leaves/you kick her out (it was a little of both), then shouldn't that be your TOP priority? And I thought by calling me, someone who knows your entire history AND has a good relationship with your daughter, you wanted advice. You wanted suggestions. You wanted input. But you didn't. You wanted someone to agree with everything you said. And I can't.

Sorry. So I think this is goodbye.

This isn't the first time we've disagreed and had to hash stuff out. But this is the first time that I don't really want to fix it.

No comments:

 

site analysis