Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Input PLEASE! It's down at the bottom.....

I haven't been sleeping enough. Yet here I sit at almost 1030pm, which means I'll only get about 6.5 hours of sleep IF I'm asleep by 11ish.

Tomorrow is the last day of yet another cool co-worker, this one from the ED. He's my gay party friend. He's moving back to Vegas. What REALLY sucks is outta everyone in his position, he's the only one who knows the job and actually orders the correct exams and pages us.

Tomorrow is the first day for our new radiologist. The first female ever at this hospital I think. I'm just glad there will be more chicks around, and judging her soley on her picture, she looks nice. But most female Dr's aren't as nice as their male counterparts. Not sure if its because they feel they have to prove something or what, but geez. Not really trying to stereotype, but that has been my experience over the last year, at 1 little hospital.

I've been doing a bit better on my quizzes, scoring in the mid 70's instead of high 60's-low 70's. I'll have to get 75 to pass the registry test which is only a few weeks away now (well okay about 7).

I'm not sure how much trust I should be putting into this job. They said they would work me as much as they could, and hopefully I could work in to a benefited position. But I don't kow if I should just give it a shot and see what they give me, or just feet first in to applying at other hospitals. My first choice would be to work at this site full or part time, with benefits. I'm not in a huge rush to get a benefited position, but I would want it in the next 6 months or so. I just want them to know I'll give it a shot, if they are taking me seriously. I just don't want them to hold it against me, if I apply at other places.

So what do you think? Should I be applying elsewhere, knowing they will be contacting my current employers and teachers? Or just sit tight for a few months and see what they throw my way.

Stats: Current position would be casual, close to 40 hours a week for the first 2-3 months. Will also acclimate to another hospital to fill in there, and cross train in mammography in a few months.

Positions available else where include full time graveyard, part-time weekend graveyard, part time weekend days, full time swing shift, casual positions, ect. No full time day jobs that I'm aware of, except for 1 that I don't qualify for, and is at the other hospital where I'll be training at.

Thanks for any input guys!

2 comments:

Pink Rocket said...

i'd take the offer while you put your applications out to other areas...that way you get a smidge more expierience and if nothing good comes along you at least still have employment.

Kim: The Mom, The Myth said...

Can you talk to the hiring person where you are now and find out or at least ask what your options might be if they offer you a job, and what the chances of that are? Let him/her know you're weighing your options?

 

site analysis