Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The hospital

Yesterday went really well. I was there from about 815-5. Pretty much as soon as I walked out of the locker room in my scrubs, George (the 'lead' tech) had me following him. Right in to an arthrogram, which is where they take a really really really really big needle and poke it into someone's joint, in this case her shoulder. What a way to start out the day. Very cool though, seeing the fluoroscopy in action.

My goal is to get comped on one of the exams this week. We have a list of 36ish mandetory exams, and 30 elective exams that we have to complete by the end of January. Yesterday I pretty much did a wrist series myself, I'm pretty sure I could fully do wrist on my own if one comes in today. I also think I can do a chest xray series alone. As long as the pt isn't in a stretcher like all the ones I assisted with yesterday....

There was only one point yesterday where I messed up. And really, it wasn't my fault. I was handed a cassette to process, and I put it in to the machine and just as I hit the button to start it, the person said "stop!!". Well a little too late buddy. He had left his marker on the outside of the cassette. Everyone was watchign, waiting to see if the machine was going to jam up. Talk about a long 45 seconds.

Last night I had a really bad headache when I got home. Not sure if it has to do with 8 hours in dim lighting, then driving home in blinding sunshine, or what. But I ate dinner, checked my email, and went and laid down at 730pm. Atleast I got a good 10 hours of sleep last night ;)

Here's to hoping today goes as well :)

2 comments:

Shanna said...

yea! i was hoping you would have a good day! here's to hoping that the next are just as good!!

mamatulip said...

I'm glad it went well!

 

site analysis