Thursday, April 20, 2006

So tired

This working thing is making me tired. My feet hurt, and today my knees were starting to hurt as well. All of the standing around is what is making it bad.

Things have been really interesting, I'm learning so much. I've have some really neat cases, and really cool people to image. Don't want to bore you all with all the details though. Somethings have been kind of hard to deal with. Yesterday we had a patient who was five days younger than me, having treatment for breast cancer. Today I did chest x-rays on a guy who was 26 and had testicular cancer. We were checking to see if it has metastized in his lungs.

Luckily we haven't done anything really bloody or gross yet, other than the nail in the hand the other day, but that was pretty cool. I've only x-rayed a couple of kids, one was this tiny 6 yr old today, and a 14 yr old girl with really bad scoliosis who was JUST NOW being diagnosed :( She was so shy/nervous she wouldn't even talk to me until the end. I just wanted to hug her or something....

Tomorrow I have class, I have a 93 question worksheet due, and I'm only about 1/2 done with it. I got in to building jets and star wars things out of lego's with Jake, while I should have been working on that. Luckily I have a 2 hour class prior to that one, which will allow for some time to finish it.

thanks to those who keep reading and commenting, it's nice to know there are people out there who don't find me too boring ;)

2 comments:

Tink said...

You're definitely NOT boring. I've just been hit with the "Blogging Virus" in the comments department as of late. Keep posting. I'm still reading!

Have a great weekend.

mamatulip said...

93 questions? Gawd. I can't even handle 20. ;)

Keep it up Mary, you're doing great. :)

 

site analysis