Friday, January 13, 2006

Choices....

Today we recieved the list of clinical sites to pick from. There are 17 sites, some have 2 or 3 people at them. The sites are mainly local, but there are 2 that are FAR away. One is about 2 hours away when there isn't snow in the mountains (atleast 3 if there is), and the other is about 3.5 hours away. Both would suck. I'd obviously have to move there. The rest are anywhere from 5 mins away, to just over an hour away. All doable.

The stratagey is trying to figure out what sites people will put for their 1st and 2nd choices. If I pick a site for my 1st choice, that no one else picks, then I automatically get it. If other people pick it for their #1 choice, then they all go in a hat, and 1 gets drawn out.

I know alot of people are just picking the sites they want to be at, for their first and second choices. They're just hoping they will get picked for it. I'd rather play the odds, and choose one that no one else is picking. To me, as long as I don't have to relocate for the next year, I don't care which site I get.

1 comment:

mamatulip said...

I hope you get one close to you, Mary. Re-locating would be a huge pain for you guys!

 

site analysis