Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Made it to DC

Well I made it here, and I'm having a pretty good time. I left PDX at 12:45pm on Friday and got in to Philly at 11:35pm. I didn't leave for Lehigton until 745am so I had some time to kill in the airport. I think before I got to Alien's house I had read my book, 4 magazines, and done alot of logic puzzles. Super exciting times people!

Allison was everything I expected her to be, only I thought she'd be taller than me. I knew she wasn't like 6 foot or anything, but she was only about my height. Anyways, her and Steve are great hosts--I felt very at home at their house. The pig roast was just that, a pig roast. It was nice meeting some of Allison's friends, not to mention Geena and EE. So weird to think that I've been talking to Alien for almost FIVE years now, and Geena an EE close to THREE. That's a long ass time in case you didn't realize. Its always so nice to meet people in person that I've only previously talked to online. I always feel just a tad akward, like I might not meet up to their expectations or something. But afterwards I'm always glad I did it.

Today I took William and went to DC to meet Melissa and Beth. Beth ended up not coming in to DC all the way, I guess traffic was bad, plus it was raining really hard. Not the sort of crap that I'd want to drive in, so I definatly don't blame her. Seeing as Sarah is here for another 4 years, I'm sure I'll meet her next time :) Melissa and I took the kiddos to the Smithsonian, which was apparently what every tourist in DC was doing today. The Air and Space museam was PACKED. I don't have any anxiety problems, but I was starting to feel stressed out by it all. I'm really glad I had a chance to sit down with Melissa, even if it was only for a few mins, to chat. Next year I'm gonna fly in to DC and we're gonna carpool up to the pig roast :)

Tomorrow William turns 1. They are having a little party for him, I think maybe 8 or 10 people are coming over. I got him an airplane book from the museam and have to get 'a little people toy with cars' per Jake's instructions.

I miss Jake and Clara so much. Atleast time is going by quickly, and I talk to them multiple times a day. It really helps. I wish I could have brought them with me, we could be having alot of fun, and there is actually room for us now. Sarah and Daci's apartment seems so big. 3 bedrooms/2 baths which is unusual for the area, but they did have to buy a second one and combine them, in order to have it like this. We won't talk about their mortgage+condo fees, I don't want anyone to faint. Or what they will be paying for daycare.

2 more days, meeting 1 more person, and then I'll be home with my chickens.

No comments:

 

site analysis