Sunday, June 26, 2005

What a long day

I had to be in Portland this morning for a group run with my training group, Run For a Cause (www.runforacause.com). Everyone else is from Portland, so they don't ahve to get up an hour early for the drive. And next month its going to start at 730 instead. EEEK. Have to leave my house by 630am for that. Too freaking early. Today we jogged for 5, walked for 10, for a total of 1 hour and 41 minutes. We did somewhere between 6.5 and 7 miles. Parts of it were really hard. I forgot to take my heart rate monitor, so I don't know how wacky my HR was today, but only 1 out of the 5 min groups was killing me, then 2 or 3 were pretty tough, and the other 2 or 3 were not too bad. So that was motiviating. The courses were choose between always include lots of hills, so that was lots of fun-okay not really.

Once I finished running I stopped and got a 44oz diet coke, then went to target because silly me forgot to bring a regular bra or deoderent. After that I got lunch at Subway, then went to the gym to take a shower and get changed. I met my parents down in Wilsonville to nab Jake, Clara and Amanda from them, then we headed to one of Jake's friends birthday party. Braden lives out in Hillsboro, and we got there right on time. I think both Jake and Clara had alot of fun playing. I realized today that we've gone to all of Brady's birthday parties. Even though I usually feel really akward and self-consious, Jake always has fun and talks about it for days later. Everyone is always nice there, but I just feel kinda 'out' since everyone else is family and friends, and we're the 'internet friend' . Course that's not said, but whatever ;)

After all of that, we got to my parents house around 6, they were BBQing. Tom arrived shortly after. He did a 100 mile bike ride, the Barlow Century, today, so he was pretty tired. Both kids were totally wired at my parents house and tension was pretty high. Just further irritated me, even though I had no real reason to be angry.

Tomorrow I'm definatly relaxing a little bit while the kids are at daycare....okay I'll get some stuff done around the house too. Only 4 days of daycare left, so I need to make the best of it.

No comments:

 

site analysis