Sunday, April 03, 2011

Spring Term

I signed up 5 days late (money issue+out of town).  Already 1 teacher is going to be a PITA.  I know it's my fault it's late, but dude.  I want clarification on a textbook and I have to order.  I apologize.  I won't be able to complete the assignment that is due on Monday night by midnight, since I won't be able to get the text until Tuesday or Wednesday at the earliest! UGH.  Not to mention that blackboard was down all afternoon Friday, and since I go to a Seventh Day Adventist school, none of the emails I sent from about 6pm Friday night (when the site was back up) until either late Saturday night or Sunday would be answered, since it was the Sabbath.  Sigh.

I'm taking 3 classes for 11 credits...Human Resources in Health care, Moral Leadership, and Religious Ethics in Health care.  Very touchy feely.  All 3 are time consuming.  BUT....all 3 have regular due dates so there won't be a push in the last 3 weeks to finish 7 credits of coursework (what happened last term....).

Jake is playing baseball and doing cub scouts.  Almost everything seems to fall to Tuesday/Thursday so I do an insane amount of running around those nights.  Clara is just doing gymnastics.  Both are doing excellent!

Today we went to the circus.  It was okay I suppose, but very cheesy as it was just the Shriner's circus.  Cool parts?  The tightrope walker almost fell, and one of the motorcycle guys in crashed in the big ball of death or whatever they call it.  Almost all of the animal bits were lame, and some parts seemed like they needed a lot more timing and rehearsal....

Last week I was in Houston for a 3.5 day user conference.  I flew in on Sunday.  A long time "mommy message board" friend came and took me to lunch.  We've known each other for over 8 years, but never met.  The conference its self was very informative, and I'll be spending the next few days writing up a report to share at work.  Each night we did a fun activity.  The first night was laser tag, the second was the Radio Music Theatre, and the final night was a dinner cruise.  All involved free alcohol, and each night was concluded in the hotel bar.  These people were fun.  And highly inappropriate!  Thursday another friend came and picked me up from the hotel and took me to lunch and then took me to the airport.  Holly and I have boys that are both 9, almost 10, and have been online friends for over 10 years.  Again, we had never met, so this was pretty cool.

I decided that while I'm glad I don't have to travel on a regular basis--I miss my family and my own bed, I do hope I can go to this conference next year, it was a great group of people, many of which attend year after year, and the company putting it on is top notch.  The owner is awesome, and has a great group of employees.

I can't believe it's already April, and the first baseball game is Saturday...Where has time gone???

No comments:


site analysis