Thursday, May 27, 2010

More Chaos? Yes Please.

If my swap buddy is reading this, I promise to do a crafty post this weekend. I pinky swear.

******

I don't think I've blogged about it, but I'm applying to an online program to get a BA in Health Care Administration. I don't see myself as an administrator type, but I'm bossy and like things done myself, so in a few years I'm sure I could rock the big wig roll ;-)

I have to write a personal statement and I'm having a surprisingly hard time with it. One friends suggested "write about where you've been and where you want to go" sounds easy, right? Not so much. The application is due by Monday, and I was hoping to have it submitted by tomorrow. We'll see what ends up happening... The program is supposed to be full time, 63 credits, over 4 terms. Starting June 21st, 2010. So less than a month away. Eeek. I also need 25 additional credits at junior or senior level. But since I have all of the core stuff done, they would all be electives.

In talking with the program director, I get the impression that they need more people enrolled, so would be willing to work with me to stretch it over 18 months or 2 years. Then instead of taking 15-16 credits per term plus another 6 in electives, I could take 11-12 per term. That sounds much more doable. Currently I've been taking 8 credits per term, and if I organized my time better (doing homework at specified time instead of while watching TV ;-), I feel I could totally manage 12 credits a term.

So that's what's going on with ME right now. Here's the rest of the family ;-)

I'm still in denial, but my baby boy turns NINE on Sunday. Where the heck did the last 9 years ago??? I still remember going to see David Gray in concert the week before he was born--he really liked the noise. And now he's outside talking airplanes and shooting hoops! When did that happen? He still likes to cuddle, and 2-3 mornings a week I'll wake up and he's come in to our bed in the middle of the night. As much as I'd like him to stop doing that, I'm going to miss it when it ends.

We're having a BBQ to celebrate the day. Jacob really wants to do a carnival theme, so I'm pulling together a few different games to play, buying tickets to use (or I might just print some out), and getting the bouncy house out. There aren't alot of kids coming, as I'm the worst planner in the world, but it sounds like there will be 5-10 kids of various ages. He really wanted to have his birthday party at a laser tag place, but not the place here in town. So I promised him he could invite a friend and we'd go to Portland to play in the next week or two.

I haven't decided what kind of cake to make yet. Hmm. Will think on this a bit more.

Clara is doing well. Her birthday isn't until June 17th. But like every year, no one will be in town. Poor thing. One year we spent her birthday flying to to St Louis. She still talks about how the pilot brought her a cookie because it was her birthday :-) She wants to have a gymnastics party at the gym she goes to. Her coach will be the party host, so she's happy.

Here's what our next month looks like. Jake's party this weekend, he still has 5 or 6 baseball games and 4 or 5 practices. Clara has 2 Saturday rehearsals, then the dress rehearsal and performance for ballet. She also has her birthday and party. School gets out for the kids. Term ends for me. I'm applying for that program. We leave for St Louis on the 19th, Tom included (this is a big deal, trust me ;-)

The downside to all of this is that Tom's dealership is probably closing. So he'll be outta work. Have no idea what we're going to do. Luckily we have some areas we can make cuts, and we won't have to pay for daycare at all, so that's good. I'm still stressed out.

No comments:

 

site analysis