Sunday, April 04, 2010

Easter

All of my immediate family is in town. Sarah, William and Alexandru arrived Tuesday almost 2 weeks ago from Washington DC. Friday my brother-in-law Dacian arrived from Washington DC, and my little sister Cara arrived from Eugene. Yesterday my brother-in-law Michael and niece Margo arrived from England, as well as my brother Rich and his girlfriend Katie from Portland.

Needless to say my parents house is full, and I'm grateful that we live in town, and can be in our own home.

Yesterday we took the kids to a church Easter egg hunt, then spent all evening at my parents house baking and having a crazy time. Middle of the night I woke up sick, so I sent the kids to church this morning with Sarah and Dacian. Instead I'm cooking the ham and feeling a little better, I don't think I'm actually sick, I think I ate something bad...

Work is still going well. It's stressful, I'm down to 5 work days to have everything in place before we start doing patients next Monday. I think everything will fall in to place. I found out Thursday that I'm going to have to give a presentation to all of the ordering physicans and PAs. So like 20 well educated people. I am so stressed about that. Ugh.

Haven't had any time for crafting lately. But I am signed up for a scrapbooking weekend in May. So if nothing else, I'll have 2.5 days of scrapping soon :-) I've made a little more progress on de-cluttering. The babysitter will be taking a bunch of stuff to goodwill this week, so I need to have a few more boxes for her to drop off. Once we get rid of more stuff, then I'll have room to actually scrapbook at home. yay!

Okay, back to getting ready for Easter dinner...

2 comments:

Elaine said...

Hi Mary, my name is Elaine and I found your blog searching for "radiology tech blogs" on google today. I am taking pre-requisit classes for the health area, thinking about going for Dental Hygiene, but because of certain disadvantages of this career such as hard to find full-time jobs with benefits, I started thinking about Radiology. Actually my first option was to be an Ultrasound tech but there is no schools around where I live that offer thar course, so the closest thing would be radiology, but every website I find says the same things (salary range, how the market is good and bla bla bla) so I would really like to hear from someone who is already working in the area some insight on how their work is like.
I am so sorry to bother you with this, people don't seem to be ver patient when I ask about their career life... but I decided to try anyway. Would you mind if I asked you a couple of things??? I mean, a few?

Do you like your career? If you had to go back in time and decide would you do it again? I see you are a mother and a wife... the thing that most worries me is having time with my family when I have kids (I am married but no kids yet). I would like to have a steady job, with good pay and benefits. I thought about Nursing but I am afraid of having too many lives depending on me. But again, I am afraid of the effects of working with radiation...

Do you get good pay and benefits? Do you intend to advance in your career? Did you get an Associates or a Bachelors? Was it easy to find a job after you graduated or the job market is really saturated like people are saying? I thought maybe after doing the Associates on Radiology I could try to specialize in MRI or something...

I have an email address if you wouldn't mind helping me and don't want to answer those questions here... elaine_guaru@yahoo.com.br

Again, I am sorry to bother you, and I would understand if you don't have the time to answer all these questions.

Don't pay attention to any grammar or spelling mistakes I made have made, english is not my first language.
I appreciate you time reading this.

Elaine Myers

Nani said...

It's me (Elaine from the comment above) again. I just realized I was logged on with my blogger name... in case you want to check out my profile and see If I am not a scam I am writing with my current blogger name this time hehe :)

 

site analysis