Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Getting excited for summer

Like I said in my previous post I'm reading Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver. It's getting me all excited to get our CSA shipment each week. The local farm I'm using is Gardenripe and starts deliverying in mid-June, with weekly shipments through October. We're sharing it with my parents, and based on previous years, we'll still have ALOT of veggies.

This past week has been horrible weight watcher wise. I had only gained .4lbs from Disneyland through last Thursday. But I'm willing to bet I've gained 2-3 atleast since then. We won't talk about the amount of shit I ate today. Tomorrow I have to work, and it's actually easier at work to stay on track, so I hope I can do well tomorrow.

We went on a field trip to a local wildlife refuge today with Jake's class. Can I say thank God that I'm not a teacher? The student teacher said she was always going to call in sick whenever she had to take her class on field trips. lol. There are a few wild kids in Jake's class, and they were in horrible form today.

2 comments:

Chelle Y. said...

God bless those elementary teachers! I do not know what I am getting myself into next year when I start teaching again! You'll have to pray for me! :)

Mary said...

I didn't know you were going back to teaching, where the heck have I been?!?!

 

site analysis