Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving

I don't normally get all emotional like this. But I'm sitting here at work with tears a fallin'. It could be lack of sleep--I've been up for almost 22 hours now, and still have over 2 hours of work left, or just me being hormonal....

My sisters good friend had her baby at 26 weeks, she was only 1lb 10 oz. Yesterday she finally got to go home after 87 days in the hospital. Little Cadence is over 5lbs now, totally off of oxygen, and taking all of her meals by bottle. It is amazing how far health care advances have come, especially with micro preemies. She is a little miracle, and something her parents are very thankful for.

My sister of course had her baby 6 weeks early. It's weird how Sarah and Amanda were both due with in weeks of each other, and both gave birth to preemie babies. And both babies are doing wonderfully!

There is so much that I am thankful for. I have a healthy, loving, happy family, great friends, a good job, and a nice home. I don't have to worry about bombs going off while I shop at the store, or getting kidnapped as I drive to work. I'm thankful that my kids are getting a good education, and really can grow up to be anything they want.

Sappy post over. I need to go take a walk to wake up. Sorry for the disjointed post, it happens...

If you didn't already, go down a post and check out pics of my nephew! He is so stinkin' cute!

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Di said...

He IS cute. Happy Thanksgiving!

 

site analysis