Thursday, July 19, 2007

My cake didn't need frosting...

So no need to reiterate my other issues, but here's the icing on the cake. My dad just had another mole biopsied and it's melanoma again. It's been just over 5 years since he had it. From what I've read, it is somewhat common to have a recurrance, and if its in the early stage, then the prognosis is good.

Because my family is so fucked up, I haven't actually spoken to my dad about it. I heard from my little sister who heard from Gina. I guess it's back to "pretend like nothing is wrong" time.

and herder of cats, I DO need a break. maybe one of these days....

3 comments:

Chelle Y. said...

Oh, Mary! I am so sorry! That truly sucks! My thoughts are with you!

Dustin said...

Mary,

Sorry to hear about your Dad. At least they were able to find the melanoma early and so it is treatable. Isn't strange how sometimes life just like to throw all this shit at you at the same time. Its like its an F'ing test or something. Anyway, I wish you luck and I hope you find an hour or two here and there to take it easy and think about taking care of yourself.

ArizonaDB
Mountain Imaging

Di said...

Gosh, it just pours sometimes huh?! What are your plans to relax? You NEED to make some plans! I wish I could come fix you a drink and just sit!

 

site analysis