Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Did you know?

If you happen to be Dick Cheney and have some problem or another which requires hospitalization (which seems to happen all the time), they will CLEAR out whole departments for you? Dick had to go to the ER on Monday morning, and the hospital he always goes to (George Washington University Hospital) just happens to be the one my sister is a first year resident at.

I called her yesterday to see if she had been there while he was in, as I knew she was doing her ER rotation. She said she felt lucky that she was oncall Saturday night, not Sunday night, because as a lowly intern, she would have had to spend most of the night moving patients out of the ER. I guess they totally empty the ER in times like that. Even thought I am a lefty, I would have thought it to be cool to be there when he was admitted. But that's just me, and I'm not a hard, calloused, 10 year DC resident like my sister. And really had my duty been to move a bunch of drunk, angry people, I probably wouldn't have wanted to be there either.

So if I hang out in the hospital the whole time I'm there in a few weeks, do you think I'll get lucky and he'll have an episode while I'm there?!?!

2 comments:

Kim Fernandez said...

They also block cell service in front of the Observatory where he officially lives. Try it. You can't make a call there.

Mary said...

Oooh I might have to!

I try not to act like a tourist, but damnit, I do... ;)

 

site analysis