Saturday, January 28, 2006

Clara funny-

her: I love your boobies mommy

me: what about me?

her: I love you. I love your face too mommy

me: aww thanks sweetie.

her: I love my boogers. They play with me and make me happy.

Okay then.

Today is my brother's 30th birthday. Very weird. He's only 4 years older than me, so that means I'll be 30 soon. Even weirder.

We went up to Portland this morning to meet with Jennifer, my old running coach, to talk training and nutrition. Tom wants to lose 10-15 lbs and gain some muscle/core strength, and I want to loose um, alot of weight and get back in to running.

Can I say it was REALLY hard to hear her say that I shouldn't start running again until I've lost atleast 50% of my goal? I know it's not good on the joints and stuff to be doing much weight bearing cardio, but I never applied that to ME. Just other overweight people. Tom and I just need to figure out how we want to do this, but I'll probably be working with Jen 2x a month, at the gym 4 times a week, and doing atleast 1 ride a week with Tom.

Mid afternoon Jake and I headed back up to Portland, along with my sister and her friend, to go out to dinner for my brother's birthday. We went to this really cool hotel/pub called the Kennedy School with my parents, grandma, and aunt. It was fun, but the food was kind of blah considering we went to a different pub for lunch with Jen.

We got a new TV on Thursday. It's a 30" HD. Got a killer deal. I would like to say it wasn't my idea. I really have no idea how to gain any controll in the whole financial area. Tom pretty much buys whatever he wants. And doesn't get that people won't be willing to help us out (like my grandma helping with daycare) if they see us blowing money when we DO have it. This was kind of our 1 splurge. The majority of the money is going to paying of credit card debt, and of course paying back my mom from the last month. We are STILL trying to figure exactly how we will be getting back the amount of money that we are. Something is fucked up about poor people taxes credits....

No comments:

 

site analysis