Monday, October 08, 2007

Monday

Well government offices are closed, banks are closed, no mail. All in celebration of my birthday. So celebrate a good time ;-)

I recently read something about how HD TV is making tv/movie stars look like shit because of the clarity. You can see their wrinkles, and pores and crap. I bring this up because I'm watching Without a Trace and at one point they showed a "dead" body and as they were cutting away, you could see a vein very much beating on her neck....

So on my birthday, I'm watching TV, gonna clean the house, then go to lunch with a friend from like elementary school that I sporadically keep in touch with. Okay she works at the liquor store, so that's when I see her. hehehe. Then this afternoon I'll just sit around some more, then get the kiddos. And tonight Tom and I are going out to dinner, then having cake at my parents house. While we're at dinner, my dad is taking the kids to the open house at the fire station to do fire station type things...

I'm off of work until Friday, which is kinda odd. I worked yesterday and it went fine. I was able to talk about Gina with no tears. They only time I teared up was when I got an email from Margo's dad thanking me for taking care of Margo all this time, and helping her with Gina's death.

We are having a grave side service on Thursday that will be just family, and then an open house/celebration of life type thing on Saturday with all of Gina's friends, and our close friends and family. Both of those events will be hard.

I'm going to be trying to blog more often, it makes me feel better, but sometimes its daunting....

3 comments:

Di said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! 22 right?!

Chelle Y. said...

Just remember you have friends who care and are thinking of you during this time. :)

Carrie said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Mary!! I will be thinking of you on Thursday. (((HUGS)))

 

site analysis