Thursday, June 21, 2007

update on gina (repeat for some)

So I haven't updated in a while, and we just got some not so good news today.

The chemo Gina has been getting every 3rd week has had zero effect on the cancer. It's still spreading like crazy, and has now moved on to her stomach. A timeline of events would be diagnosed last July, surgery in Nov, Jan outlook being up to 3 years, March outlook being a miracle if she's still here at Christmas, and as of this morning, she maybe has 2 months.

It's hard to take in. I talked to Gina for a brief moment earlier today and she sounded okay, but we didn't talk about the news. Instead I just encouraged her to come out soon. Her Dr doesn't even think she can make it that long of a flight....I told her we'd help pay for her ticket (she has to fly business or first class so she can lay almost flat the majority of the flight). Hopefully she will not be in denial about what the Dr said and she'll get her tush out here. She was wanting to wait until the end of July when Margo gets out of school for 6 weeks.

So there's an update.

If anyone wants to send her a little note just to say hey I'm thinking of you, I'm sure it would help perk her up. She isn't even replying to my emails, but I bet she'd be happy to know people are thinking of her. If you want, her email is zaptheworld @ yahoo.com (removing the spaces of course).

1 comment:

Chelle Y. said...

Oh, Mary, I am so, so sorry to hear this! It breaks my heart for you and your whole family.

I will be praying for you and your family, and I will send her an email right now!

 

site analysis